Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HOW I BECAME A MARBLEHEADER

Like many folks before us, how we became Marbleheaders, was a matter of choice.

In 1977, my family included my wife and our two sons ages 6 and 8. We were looking to move to Massachusetts, and as it happen, we were sailors. Naturally, we were attracted to Marblehead, which of course is a beautiful community located on the Atlantic Ocean.

We were delighted to be able to buy a house overlooking the bay from Bubier Road. My family and I moved to Marblehead from Minneapolis in 1977. Our new home was built in 1907 by the developer of the amphibious airplane and we became the third owner. At that time the property provided views of Bakers Island and Manchester by the Sea, to the North East and Boston to the South. We originally had 180-degree views of the harbor and ocean, but because of tree growth in the abutting Seaside Park, and other changes in the neighborhood, our views were altered dramatically since that time.

The neighborhood was a wonderful setting to raise a family. Now, 2010, my family is grown and I am the only one remaining on Bubier road. I now live in a house I built on the adjoining property. That is a story that you may have heard about. In any case, I will tell you more about that in future postings.

For now, enjoy your families and our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment